The school day runs from 8.55 till 3.20. (Children need to arrive at school on time. Parents who bring their children in to school late must sign in in the office upstairs.)
All classes start their day with Phonics/Spelling teaching, followed by English and then Maths.
Assembly and Lunch
Assembly is at 11:45am and Lunch is at 12 noon.
In the afternoons each class timestables the following;
- At 1pm all classes have target time where they receive support with any work they found difficult in the morning and/or have the opportunity to practise key mathematical recall facts,such as the timestables.
- Three topic lessons each week embedding aspects of Geography, History, Art and or Design Technology into their most recent topic.
- Two hours of Science each week, either discretely or embedded into their topic if a meaningful link can be made.
- Two hours of discrete PE teaching, within this our Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils go swimming every Thursday.
- One session of Religious Education and or PSHE, again taught discretely or embedded into their topic if a meaningful link can be made.
- On Wednesdays we have our Shardlow Skills afternoon. The children have discrete lessons in Languages (Spanish), Music, Computing and Healthy Lifestyles (including cooking and growing). Each class rotates around these sessions and our teachers teach their specialist area to the different classes.